Wednesday, April 22, 2009

OB/GYN/Bomberos Trip Jan 30 - Feb 7, 2009

Here are a few pics from my first week back with the OB/GYN/Bomberos trip. It was a great trip to start the year with and to be a part of. I met some amazing people and with their help, we were able to accomplish some amazing things for the Guatemalan people. We always keep a tally of how many people we see throughout the trips and here are the numbers from this trip.
*Totals for the week:
General Medical patients seen - 1,621
Cervical Cancer screenings - 239
Cryos - 12
Surgeries - 19
As you can see, it was a busy week, and just a touch on how much Hearts In Motion is able to help the Guatemalans. What a beautiful thing to be a part of.

~THE TEAM~
~VILLAGE VISITS~
Getting there and meeting people.
(This little girl looks almost identical to me when I was little.)

My tour guide around one of the villages. He was persistent to stay right with me but never spoke. When I asked him his name, I learned he was mute and unable to speak. So much love shined from his eyes though.
Freezing in the rain, but still waiting to be seen.
A typical shot of Jose with his patient.
The line for the General Medical Clinic


A home
Kara and I
John and I

John has done fundraising to get clean water to places in the world that do not have the privledges we do. This was his first trip to Guatemala and he brought 3 water filters that him and Kara set up in different villages. A huge help to the village people that often have no other choice than drinking contaminated water.
2 Firefighters from California with some of the Guatemalan Bomberos
Doing a training on decontamination
Then simulating Mass Decontamination.
The 4 firefighters from the states, 1 translator and all the local Guatemalans that participated in the days trainings.
Pins that were awarded to those Bomberos that had trained in the states with Hearts In Motion.
The group that has had the fortunate opportunity of training in the states.

No comments: