Tuesday, April 28, 2009

At the end of January, I realized I was going to have to do something to make money if I wanted to stay longer in Guatemala. One night I was going through my pictures and had an idea... I emailed my thoughts to our office to see what they thought and to see if they may be able to help me out. They loved the idea to say the least. The timing was cutting it close and I had 10 days to organize and order my pictures, find decent mats and plastic coverings, order them and get everything delivered to the office before my boss left to come to Guatemala. I made it happen and started selling my pictures to the volunteers that came down on the 10 day trips. For the most part they sold well, and it was fun for me to sell my work, as this has been a dream of mine for quite some time. It afforded me the opportunity to stay longer without having to ask family and friends for more money. I was also able to get a little bit of traveling in on the weekends. Mind you, it was budget traveling, but fabulous experiences and wonderful memories were made. Here are a few of the pictures I have taken during my time in Guatemala. They all hold special stories to me, thus I had them printed and decided to share them so others could also enjoy what I have seen and captured through the lense of my camera.










No comments: