Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sausage Time

On our way to Billy's for some sausage making fun!

Bert, Dan and I
Boys with their toys

This is Dan's dog Oso, we took him for a little getaway, and left him with a new home. 800 acres to run on and other dogs to play with... and a 2 year old to torture him. ;)

A view one way out over Billy's 800 acres.

A porker that is lucky to be alive. His pigs usually grow to be 700lbs

I think our faces say enough in this picture. I was distgusted, Dan was excited and Bert was just happy to be there.
About to get our hands messy.

Billy supervising, Dan and I working and Bert, doing something... I'm not sure what.

Proof that I tried it. The flavor was delicious, the texture, not to sure about!

Making the longiniza. We made both Chorizo and Longinza.

Making the sausage segments. That is Billy's wife Xiomara and one of his workers.
What an experience!!!

No comments: