Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's been a while....

Well, I'm sorry that it has been so long since my last update!!
Time has been flying by with places to go, people to see, and fun to be had... Unfortunately, there is not a lot of time in between to sit on the computer. So now... here I am!
This month has been full of fun adventures, I went home for about 2 weeks for my cousins wedding, which was fabulous. The day I came back to Guatemala we had a group of 50 volunteers come down for a 10 day Orthopedic trip. It was a great trip and I met some very wonderful people. I will post pics from the trip in another posting!

A few weekends ago Dan, Bert and I went up into the mountains, about and hour and a half off road to a farm that was owned by a man named Billy. Billy hooked us up with one of the villages we held a clinic at on the Ortho trip. He invited us up to slaughter a pig and make sausages. Not really what I would say is up my alley, but I'm not Guatemala, half the time "it's" not up my alley. So to put yet another experience under my belt, I went. More from that night to come as well!!

We had a fun little halloween party at the boys house. We made our costumes and played fun little games! Always a good time when we are together! Pics from that night as well!!

I am leaving on Friday to spend some time with my sister, a friend and my cousin in Spain! I am trying to get things together before then, but time is flying. I will be back here for 3 weeks before flying home for Christmas. The good news is that the sponsorship program I have been working on is finally up and running. We have been sending packets out to people which is very exciting. If you are interested in sponsoring a child for $30/month. Let me know!!

I hope all is well for everyone at home, or where ever you might be! May God bless each one of you individually and enrich your lives in ways you would never dream of. All the best!!

No comments: