Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Few Thoughts...

As I sit here listening to Ben Harper ~
"if you listen close you will hear the words he used to say, I've got a picture of Jesus... we've got a picture of Jesus, with Him we shall be forever blessed... in His arms, so many prayers... with Him we shall be forever blessed..."
~ I started thinking... I AM BLESSED!
Julio and I visited about 10 families yesterday...
-Picture this-
A family of 9 living off of less then $150/month...
A mother who didn't know when her son's birthday was...
A mother who could not read or write, therefore was unsure of her daughters age...
A father in jail...
A family of 8, all on ONE matress...
An 8 year old sister that looked about 3...
An hour walk to and from school, everyday...
Lice crawling in hair and eyelashes, yet it doesn't seem to affect them...
And...they still SMILE!!
The part that gets me is that we are all still complaining, I am still complaining!
The night before we visited these families, Julio and I were watching a movie and the power went out in the last 5 minutes of the movie, right at the climax, good guy against bad guy... You have got to be kidding, how sucky is that?! So I quickly thought, I'll get my computer, we'll watch it on that. Well, tough to get a DVD out with no power. So we decided to wait it out... after waiting an hour and a half and still no power, we called it quits and went to bed. Is it really that big of a deal that I couldn't finish my movie? No, but we were still complaining. These children love to watch TV, yet they don't have one, nor do they have power or running water in some villages! But I can choose between my TV and Computer? And still don't seem to always have a smile on my face! Just think about that and remember...
YOU ARE BLESSED!!

No comments: